Friday, December 30, 2011

Jamaica Falmouth Excitement!!!

My classmates and myself are leaving for Jamaica January 2, 2012. I am excited, anxious and just Blessed to be able to have the opportunity to be both humbled and helpful.  I feel excited to meet the people, the children and experience a culture so vastly different from my own.  I have always felt we are put on this earth for a reason and it is our job to find out what that reason is. I feel Falmouth and this wonderful experience is that reason.

I am anxious because I pray they will accept me like I will them. I am eager to learn about their views on education, Americans and just be absorbed in their way of life. I look forward to learning, teaching and making relationships like none other.  I look at this like a gift that is put before me, and I have to do with it as much as I possibly can.

This trip means more to me than just going to Jamaica. I don't think words right now can express what it means.

I am excited to work with the children and just be overwhelmed by their excitement to meet us. I pray I touch the life of just one child if not all during my stay in Falmouth and I hope the sun beats down on my face and the water cools my feet and if I only experience that paradise just this one time in my life, it will be well worth it!

I look forward to my next entry!

Nikki White

No comments:

Post a Comment