Saturday, January 14, 2012

Bad luck, play dough, and the Beauty of Simplicity

Alright guys, because I don't want to call it stupidity, I guess I'll call it bad luck and chalk it up to the fact that it is Friday the 13th. I have had some pretty rotten luck :) 
1. I was "unlucky" enough to pack liquids in my carry-on (and play dough which apparently resembles plastic C-4, who knew, obviously not me...)
2. Almost missing a connecting flight and having to run to catch it just in time.
3. Leaving my boarding pass in the bathroom.
4. Leaving my retainer at home
5. Need I say more?
On the plus side, Honduras is beautiful! We all arrived safely to the San Pedro Sula church where we were warmly welcomed :)I am excited to visit a waterfall today and worship with a congregation near La Buena Fe tonight! I have been amazed by how beautiful the simplicity of Honduras can be. I look around me and feel rejuvenated.
We are headed to Orica tomorrow so Internet may be hard to find.
My previous goal was greatly tested yesterday. I prepared all week before leaving and still came completely not ready for the experience. So again, the only thing to do is let go and let God. I just bought toothpaste at the gas station, no surprise, God provides.
My friend Laura has been here for the past week and has amazing stories to share! Check back to here about her amazing experiences at the Honduras Youth camp!
Thanks for reading!

Joelle

No comments:

Post a Comment