Saturday, January 14, 2012

Track 1: Day 2 - Letters from Nicaragua

Dear rents',

We started the day off with a hardy meal... Eggs, Beans and Rice (Pico de Gallo), cheese, and awesome freshly squeezed grape-juice.



We headed straight to the OI office and the training began. We started by writing down our goals and objectives and what we wanted to get out of our experience here in Nicaragua. It's kinda funny because I was nervous to share with everyone, but after this exercise, I realized we all wanted the same things... Aprender (to learn)!

After an intense day of training We went to an old fort (Prison) built in 1889 by the liberals to protect Masaya from the conservatives, called Coyotepe. It was a historic Site that taught me so much about the history of Nicaragua (I told you I would learn something...).


After that, we went back to the OI office and Bayardo (staff member) gave us the history of Alcance Nicaragua, which was really fascinating. I was surprised at how much we have grown with such little resources in such a short amount of time.

After what seemed like another long day, we played cards and dominos and headed back to the hotel to catch some shut-eye.

I heard a quote from one of my new friends Jamie that really captured a lot of how most of us are feeling, or I think anyway..."I came on this trip because  I wanted to see what life was like in a
developing nation. What you hear about and see in pictures, is nothing like being here in person. I am very much anticipating the adventures tomorrow will bring."

So with that... i'm anxious, but looking forward to what tomorrow will bring!

Hasta Luego (Until next time...)

Your favorite kid in Nicaragua!

No comments:

Post a Comment