Saturday, January 5, 2013

Tomorrow Already?

Hey everyone!

My name is Andrew Murphy, and I am traveling to Zambia tomorrow! I'm a junior majoring in Elementary Education at Graceland. I'm excited to be traveling again with the School of Education. Last year for winter term I went to Jamaica and got to work in the Falmouth All Age School which was a rewarding experience.

It seems like when you have the first meeting about taking a trip it seems so far away, but now it seems like just yesterday that we met with Jac and Sherri to talk about what immunizations we'll need, what to pack, and where we'll be visiting. As I'm writing I can't get out of my head that we leave TOMORROW! (I better start packing, huh?)

The number one thing I am looking forward to is being able to talk, play, and teach with the children at the schools we'll be at. The beautiful thing about children is most of the time they have no dispositions on what they should or shouldn't say so they give truly honest responses. The innocence and honesty of children is the best insight into a society's culture.

I'm excited about what is to come in the next three weeks! I hope that I can help in whatever ways are possible, but I'm not naive and realize that I will learn so much more than I will ever be able to give. "Tomorrow! I'll love ya, tomorrow! You're only a day away!"

 Andrew Murphy

1 comment:

  1. :-) I know what an blessing you will be to the Zambians! God (continue to) bless you Andrew--and safe travels!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete